Contact Admissions office for availability and schedules.
- Mon-Fri 10:00am - 5:00pm
Spa Management Theory
This course is designed to provide students with a detailed overview of best management practices for a salon and spa. It introduces topics that range from the technical to the soft skills required for success. Some of the specific topics discussed include financing a new business, designing a successful floor plan, hiring and training staff, and generating business. Detailed technical information such as state and federal laws, licenses, utilities, insurance options, and computer software and hardware are also reviewed in detail.
In this course, it is expected that students will work to achieve a basic understanding of appropriate business practices. Each student will begin the course with different ideas regarding what a successful salon and spa is, but as the course progresses, it is hoped that everyone will learn what actions as a business owner or manager are and are not legal and financially responsible so that they can apply that knowledge to their specific business model.
This course includes the following topics:
- Salon/Spa Types and Their Locations
- Financing the New Business
- Salon/Spa Operating Costs
- Permits, Public Utilities and Insurance
- Types of Leases and Rent Agreements
- Decorating Arrangement and Placement
- Salon/Spa Business Tools
- Salon/Spa Advertising
- Merchandising in Your Salon and Spa
- Use of Cosmetology Schools by Salons and Spas
- Labor-Related Laws
- Salon/Spa Personnel
- Salon and Spa Forms and Items for Record Keeping